Wednesday 28 October 2015

Analogue Communique. Thinking and Practice 2.

In week two of the Thinking and Practice, Analogue Communique Process and Production session we were expected to:

  1. Re-scale and re-think our ideas.
  2. Explore Drawings by enlarging, defining and refining them.
After looking at my designs from the first week, I decided that I wanted to develop my next few designs digitally.

I was aiming for a kind of "fuzzy" style because while i'm using the phrase "I am fine", the three words in it can mean one of two things as a lot of people use this phrase to try and disguise the fact that they are not. 

Layer 1.

Layer 2.

Layer 3.

I created my digital development simply by copying the same layer and overlapping them, then just simply changing the colours of the text on each layer. I also offset them from each other and adjusted the opacity of the different layers to achieve the "fuzzy" look i was aiming for. 

After I was happy with the look of my design, I then went on to deciding on which orientation i preferred. 

Landscape.

Portrait.

I decided that I much prefer the Portrait design, so I went on to enlarging each of the letters.
"I"
"A"
"M"
"F"
"N"

"E"

I'm really happy with my designs so far, and cannot wait to develop them further.