Friday 11 December 2015

Stones around the sun - Lewis Watson (cover) Lyric Animation.

On Wednesday's Process and Production session with Sara, as a group we were learning the same technique that I used last week while creating my animated name sequence. I was so happy to find out I was creating something else using this technique as I really wanted to enhance my skills with this.

As I have quite recently been playing a lot of guitar, and had learnt how to play a new song called "Stones around the sun" by Lewis Watson, I decided I would use a recording of my playing the song as the audio track for my animation and that the animation itself would be a short lyric video for the song.

So here are my three images that I used to create my animation:





I created each scene (if you like) separately, using the same techniques as last weeks experiment:
1. Importing all jpegs into After Effects as jpeg sequences.
2. Looping the footage.
3. Creating a mask with the pen tool on the images.
4. Creating a stroke effect.

I then decided to create a more interesting look to my animation, I imported a textured background to each part and changed the colour of the pen lines on my drawings. 


This is the texture I decided to use, an old, worn looking piece of paper:


Once each "scene" of my animation was complete i edited them together and imported in my audio track to finish off. Overall I am so happy with Wednesdays Process and Production session!

Here is my final animation: