Wednesday 2 December 2015

Motion Go Name Sequence.

In motion go today we all had a go at creating our own name in a technique we all enjoy using. I decided to go for something new, something I hadn't done before. My aim was to make it look as though my name was being hand written on the screen.




To create this piece was so simple yet so effective, all that is needed is three copies of the same assets. So i wrote my name and traced over it twice using a light box, the aim is to match them as precise as possible, but the slight difference adds to the "handmade" look I was going for. 

The next step is to import the three images into After Effects as a jpeg sequence. When you play the footage, you will notice it will flicker, you then need to make it loop to create a longer lasting footage.

Then using the pen tool, adding one mask, you draw round each letter or line in whatever is in your assets in the same direction as though you were drawing with a normal pen/pencil. 

Finally, going to effects, stroke, making the stroke larger than the line in your assets, it will playback the image as though it's drawing itself on your screen. 

I'm really impressed with the outcome of this, and will love to use this technique again.