Thursday 12 February 2015

Kinetic typography, After Effects.

At the end of our last After Effects session, we were given a task to find a quote or a lyric that we like and some kind of typography style that catches our eye. I chose the quote by Charles Bukowski:
    "My dear, find what you love and let it kill you."
For the typography style that caught my eye, I downloaded a font from the internet called "MNML FNT" 


The upper case letter for this font, you can see the full character, whereas with the lower case, it's all distorted. I thought this would create a great effect for my kinetic typography if I was to somehow switch between the two.


Kinetic typography Charles bukowski from Emma Perrett on Vimeo.

The music in this video is me playing the guitar, it's a cover of a song called "Boats and Birds" by Gregory and the Hawk, and I thought that the soft, but frequent note changes fit well with the changes in the text.

Next time I make something like this, I think that I might try and make it a little less simplistic and a bit more creative, however I do like the may this piece has turned out.