Wednesday 3 February 2016

2d to 3d Animation using After Effects.

Today we created simple animations using 2d vector images to create a 3d looking animation.

I started off with a flat image of a nice, simple landscape, created in Illustrator.


After importing my assets into After Effects, I made sure that each layer of my asset had a "3D layer" turned on. 

Once all my layers had the 3D effect on them, I added a camera into my composition to pan from the back of the composition to the front, so as the footage plays you can see all the layers appear one by one. 


Another effect that we learnt in this Process and Production session was the "page turn" effect. I decided I wanted this effect of my "mountain" layer. I achieved this by going to Effect and CC Page turner. 


When adding the final touches to my animation I found a texture to make some of my layers more interesting, and I created a little leaf which I animated to fall off the tree. 

Here is my final animation: